A leading Kubernetes experts company with the HQ in Sweden is looking for a talented and bright DevOps Engineer to help to continue to build a Platform as a Service (PaaS) on top of Kubernetes on cloud and on-prem.
The company enables enterprises to realize the full potential of Kubernetes and its ecosystem, by assisting their journey across Strategy, Development and Operations, works with a wide range of clients in different industries to help them build out scalable platforms and infrastructure as code. The work involves building out and supporting development activities as well as building and documenting all aspects of the platform.
Hybrid working hours, mostly in the office.
- A willingness to learn and become an expert in Kubernetes administration.
- Designing, configuring, building, operating, upgrading and maintaining the internal as well as customers' cloud infrastructures and Kubernetes/OpenShift clusters.
- Developing automation software to provision, upgrade, monitor and heal a large fleet of RedHat OpenShift clusters deployed across multiple public clouds and bare metal.
- Responsibility for monitoring, logging, alerting, tracing, security, CI/CD, and core automation services. You will handle the full DevOps toolchain, and be the go-to person for developers.
- Helping resolve incidents related to the cloud infrastructure as well as Kubernetes and application support tools.
- You will have an everything-as-code mindset to automate things as much as possible.
- Configuring and customizing cloud infrastructures as per requirements for a robust architecture.
- Experience with one or more IAAS providers – AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with one or more provisioners – Terraform, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Experience with virtual networking – VPC, Subnets, Firewalling, Routing and NAT
- Working knowledge of load balancers – Elastic (ELB), Application (ALB) or other
- Working knowledge of domain services – Route 53, Bind, etc.
- Working knowledge of proxy services – Nginx, etc.
- Familiarity with security best practices – OWASP
- Familiarity with one or more access/identity tools – IAM, SSO, AD or LDAP, AWS Cognito, KeyCloak, SAML/OAuth
- Familiarity with one or more secrets management – Vault (Hashicorp), AWS Secrets Management etc.
- Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with one or more CI/CD tools – Jenkins, Github Actions, Gitlab CI
- Experience with one or more source control tools – Git/Github, Bitbucket, Gitlab
- Experience building, installing, configuring, and patching software – By Hand
- Familiarity with artifact repositories – Docker Hub, Nexus or Artifactory
- Operating Systems
- Experience with runtime environments – Linux/Ubuntu
- Experience with command shells – Bash and/or Powershell
- Solid troubleshooting skills and passion for problem-solving and investigation
- Solid scripting skills in Bash, Ansible, Python or Golang, etc.
- Ability to work with conflicting priorities, take initiative, and maintain a customer-centric focus
- Ability to work as part of a team; open-minded and cooperative approach
- Good communication skills and the ability to listen to customer issues
- Desire to learn new things; ability to further grow and enhance your technical and interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written skills in English
- Experience with containers
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Scripting language skills or programming knowledge
- Upstream involvement in open source projects like patches submitted for upstream inclusion
- Passion for open source software
- Verbal and written skills in Swedish
- MacBook Pro, iPhone, Headphones (Sony/Bose), Smartwatch (if required) for your comfortable work
- Books and online courses, Conferences
- Health and training grant
- Insurance: Pension, Health Insurance, Occupational Group Life Insurance, Sickness Insurance, Accidental Insurance